Wednesday 2 November 2011

When It Began

Everyone's pretty much asleep by now (Except the watchers), and I just couldn't resist hopping on the laptop (We actually just 'found' it recently... none of us have used an actual computer in a while now). I tried to get on earlier today, but I was feeling pretty exhausted from my lack of sleep, and the wifi we're stealing is pretty shoddy. Probably because we're in a very remote area and I'm actually not sure where the source is located... Anyways, it was just frustrating so I gave up! But here I am now.

So!! I figure I should tell you (I'm mainly talking to Danny here, ifwhen he sees this) about what's happened to me since that stalker started appearing last year. Some of it is... very unpleasant, BUT DANNY, I'm OK now. I want to make that very clear. Everything that happened is in the PAST. Well, mostly! But I can deal with it.

For most of December and January, that guy was appearing less and less. A part of me thought maybe my few attempts at catching him on camera scared him off, or something. But! I started to worry that maybe he had decided to simply stop wearing that Spider-Man sweater and be less recognizable. I at least knew he was probably male, a bit pudgy, and only about 5'9"?? Still, that could have fit a few of my neighbors. I went to a Catholic school, and there were a few Public schools in the area as well, so not every teenager I knew went to the same school. There were a few kids I saw who would walk to one of the other high schools in town, or would sit out and wait for their school bus. I wasn't very good friends with them, but they lived on my street, so I at least was friendly with them...

Buut, I started thinking that maybe one of them could have been the guy. I mean, coincidentally they wouldn't be out when he DID appear, so I had to wonder.

I wasn't scared enough to stop walking to school entirely, but I started asking my parents for more rides.

But, like after a few weeks, he started appearing again, but this time it was non-stop. Not infrequent like the two months past, but every single day for like... a week. So, yes, I started getting a bit freaked out again. If he ever got closer during the walks, I decided I would then alert my parents to the stalker when I got home. I wasn't afraid of him actually doing anything during my walks considering there would be people around and it was the morning, but still, it's not like having a stalker is something you can ignore! So during one of these usual walks he was, of course, following me again. A number of ideas were running through my head about what I could do. I could have mentioned it to a neighbor, or brought one of my friends on my walk, but...

Turned out this walk would be the last one of its kind. No, I didn't get carted off into a truck... it was probably worse than that.

I took another look back to check up on him, but he was inexplicably gone. This was odd as he usually followed me to a later point in my walk. I was feeling pretty happy about this... until I looked ahead.--BAM, there's the motherfucker. I probably screamed a little and almost dropped my phone. There was no way he could have gotten around me that easily, not if he was a human. However, that wasn't my first thought. My first thought was that I was about to be murdered or something and so I was scrambling to dial my parents while stumbling over myself to get further from him. 911 would have made more sense, I suppose, but I never even ended up calling anybody. I tripped over my feet, my phone went flying, and before I knew it, this stalker was standing over me.

It wasn't a big hood. It shouldn't have hid his face as well as it did. There was an outline of a FACE, definitely, bit it was like it was behind a veil... and not a physical one.

A strange thought began to creep up on me. All the fear flew from my body, and all I could do was stare at this blank black face. I have no idea how long I was staring at him, it could have been even a minute, maybe.

After who knows how long, I just blinked and he was... gone! Simple as that. Shouldn't I have been TOTALLY FREAKING OUT? Probably, but I just picked myself up, recovered my phone and continued on to school. I never mentioned the event to anybody and no one had any idea anything had happened... That was until I started getting weird, at least! It was small at first, after about a week. I would sometimes find myself just being angrier at stuff. Not swearing angry, like someone I know, just... angry!
I'd elaborate further but Warren has found that I'm still up. That's a no-no around here!


BB!

No comments:

Post a Comment