Tuesday 8 November 2011

The antagonist was his father

The therapist's name was Harold McCoy. My parents had contacted my school and asked if they could provide a counselor or therapist to talk to me, or something. I wasn't being open with them, so they figured maybe I'd be more open with a stranger.

McCoy wasn't exactly a stranger to me, though. Miles' brother was bipolar and had various emotional issues (that I admittedly didn't know too much about) and McCoy had worked with him before. I heard he was a nice man and really good at his job. Once he and I started talking, I had to agree. The only problem was, what was I supposed to tell him?

The nightmares and visions of spiders weren't letting up. I began to entertain the idea that maybe I was really messed in the head, but I wasn't ready to admit it. I told McCoy all about Danny (sorry Dan, this was the only time!), and I must admit that it helped talking to someone about it. Even if it was unrelated to the strangeness going on, it was still something that hurt me.

Depressing, depressing, depressing. I really don't want this to be filled with so much depression and angst, but I suppose there's nothing I can do to avoid that. I think I'll make this as short as I can.

*Deep breath*

Now, this may seem a bit sudden, but it... okay, well. Dad died of a heart attack on... April 23rd, I believe. It was very strange... he should have been at work that day. Mom got home before I got home from school, so she was the one who found him. It was soon discovered he had suffered from a serious heart attack and died rather quickly. Not much suffering, so I was told. I knew my father wasn't the healthiest, but... well.

McCoy was probably a godsend at the time. I couldn't bring myself to talk to my mother about, well, anything really. I cried when I was with him many times the weeks after dad died.

I never told him about stalker Spider-Man, though.

I should also mention that being around everyone here helps as well. Everyone here has lost loved ones, some way more than I. We all listen to each other and help each other. We have made ourselves a new family.

Not only do I not desire to continue now, I have wasted most of my internet use today, so I must pass the laptop off. Should have more time and energy for a bigger post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment